People sometimes think the real estate industry goes to sleep over Christmas, but those in the market to buy or sell will know that Bacchus Marsh real estate never sleeps. There will always be people wanting to upsize, downsize, move closer to a new job or school, or leave mum and dad’s place. When selling over the summer months, there are a few things you can do to help maximise the appeal of your Bacchus Marsh property. Here’s our top 5 summer selling tips, for anyone wanting to make the most of a sunny backdrop to their summer inspections:
- Street appeal shouldn’t be underestimated. There will be lots of people out and about in the summer weather, so make sure the front garden and lawns are looking up to scratch. Things can get pretty dry out there, so make you home stand out by keeping the watering up to helping things to stay green.
- The same goes for your backyard. People will tend to spend more time inspecting the outdoor areas of your home in the summer, so keep the backyard neat and tidy, and as green as you can. If you have an outdoor setting, present it like you’re having a summer garden party and set the scene for people to see just how great their lifestyle could be there.
- A pool is a great feature to help sell your home, but only if it looks inviting. Keep your pool leaf free and sparking to make it a selling feature rather than something you want to cover up and hide during inspections.
- While outside is important, don’t neglect inside. Although we often recommend neutral tones for maximising a home’s appeal, a splash of colour in summer will set off the sunshine streaming in through the windows.
- If your house has cooling, use it! Turning on the air conditioning for summer inspections will not only make your visitors comfortable, but will show off a great feature to your home that many buyers will be looking for.
When selling at any time of year, you need to make your home as attractive and inviting as possible. But when selling in summer, these 5 easy tips will help your home appeal to more buyers. We’d love to give you more tips for selling and presenting your home for sale. Feel free to pop into our office for a no obligation chat with one of our friendly team from Professionals Arbee Real Estate today.