International Women’s Day will be celebrated tomorrow, Friday the 8th of March. It’s a day when women are recognised for their achievements, regardless of their ethnic, cultural, linguistic, economic or political differences. Throughout the world there are various ways women are mistreated, and International Women’s Day aims to end violence against women.
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women lists the 5 goals of International Women’s Day as:
- Adoption and enforcement of national laws to address and punish all forms of violence against women and girls, in line with international human rights standards.
- Adoption and implementation of multi-sectoral national action plans that emphasize prevention and that are adequately resourced.
- Establishment of data collection and analysis systems on the prevalence of various forms of violence against women and girls.
- Establishment of national and/or local campaigns and the engagement of a diverse range of civil society actors in preventing violence and in supporting women and girls who have been abused.
- Systematic efforts to address sexual violence in conflict situations and to protect women and girls from rape as a tactic of war and full implementation of related laws and policies.
Fernwood Melton are helping to celebrate the day by opening its doors to women for free all week, so if you’ve been thinking of trying out the women only fitness centre, now’s the time! If you’d like to check out their timetable before your visit, please click here.
Our team at Professionals Arbee Real Estate would like to encourage all Bacchus Marsh residents to be aware of the day and share its very important message by spreading the word to all of your friends, male and female.