Parks Week is an annual celebration of the important role that our beautiful Bacchus Marsh parks play in contributing to the health of our community. A range of formal and informal events take place across Australia and New Zealand during Parks Week – there really is something for everyone.
The goals of Parks Week are to:
- Highlight and celebrate the important role parks play – across people, communities, and the natural environment;
- Encourage greater use of parks;
- Celebrate the contribution that volunteers make to parks;
- Promote the healthy parks, healthy people message;
- Promote park management agencies and the work they do.
Some popular parks in the area are Brisbane Ranges National Park, Great Dividing Trail and Werribee Gorge State Park, and our Professionals Arbee Real Estate team would love to encourage everyone to get out and about (when the weather permits) to enjoy our fantastic parks. If you’re not able to get out and about during Parks Week (2 – 8 March), you can still use Parks Week as inspiration to get outdoors with your picnic basket, bikes, scooters, Frisbees or footballs when you next have a free afternoon.
For more information about Parks Week events, please visit the ‘Parks Week’ facebook page.
Where is your favourite Bacchus Marsh park?