You should ensure you have adequate cover for the following:

  • Damage to other people’s property
  • Death or bodily injury to other people
  • Malicious damage cover for tenants and their guests

We can help you find the right quote

If you check your current cover and find it doesn’t offer enough protection, we can help you to source better quotes. If you’d like more information on the policies we use at Arbee Real Estate, we’ll be happy to send it over.

What your landlord insurance should cover

Your landlord insurance should cover the following:

  • Loss of rent
  • Rent default
  • Malicious damage
  • Accidental damage
  • Theft
  • Property contents
  • Legal liability

If you already have contents insurance, you can cancel this and usually attain a refund. Most landlord insurance carriers provide contents coverage, so you won’t need the surplus contents insurance.

Landlord insurance is fully tax deductible and is now commonly regarded as essential protection. If it’s easier for you, we’ll be happy to have your insurance come through our office and automatically deduct the cost from your rent.

Be aware of differences between landlord insurance policies

The last thing we want is for you to get caught out on technicalities. We’ve had clients in the past who’ve thought they were covered for accidental damage, but when damage occurred, it turned out they were only covered for damage they’d caused themselves.