Arbee Real Estate
140 Main Street Bacchus Marsh
03 5367 2333
03 5367 2385Contact us
During winter, people want to walk into rooms that are warm and comforting and have all the creature comforts of home. If potential buyers walk into a property that feels cold and stark then they will be less inclined to put an offer in.
So what can you do to help buyers fall in love with your property in winter?
1. Make your home feel warm and cosy – If you have home heating then make sure to turn it on well before the open home so it has time to heat the property up to the ideal temperature, which is normally about 26 degrees Celsius.
If you don’t have any home heating then you can still try it keep it warm by adding thick curtains and rugs into your home, which add a layer of insulation and help prevent that cold air from getting in. Plus, they give a nice cosy feeling to the home.
2. Let in the light – Warm sunlight is important in the winter months, so make sure you let in as much light as possible during daytime open homes. If your home doesn’t receive a lot of natural light then make sure your home has adequate lighting so rooms don’t seem too dark and dreary.
3. Add life to outdoor areas – Just because it’s cold, doesn’t mean that people don’t want to spend time outdoors. Show off any outdoor entertaining areas you have and consider placing a couple of warm winter throws onto chairs so potential buyers can imagine sitting outside even when it’s a cold winter’s night.
4. Tidy up – If nothing else, you should always make the effort to clean and tidy your home before having potential buyers over. People want to see what your home looks like at its best, so don’t let it down by leaving mess and clutter around.
5. Ask your agent for advice – It always helps to get another opinion. Your Professionals Real Estate agent is there to help you with every aspect of your sale and will be happy to advice you on how best to maximise your property’s appeal.