Most people looking to buy are hungry for information and want to find out everything there is to know about their potential new neighbourhood and the properties in them.
So where should you be starting your research?
– You can find a lot of information about property and neighbourhoods online. Websites like www.domain.com.au, www.realestate.com.au and www.onthehouse.com.au offer a lot of information about property prices as well as suburb and individual property profiles to give you a good idea of local property trends.
– There’s a lot more to an area than the properties themselves. A lot of people are looking for information on demographics, public transport, schools and more. A great place to start researching all of this is www.microburbs.com.au, which provides snapshot of areas within suburbs.
– The Internet is a great place to find information, but there are some things you can only learn on the ground. Visit the area you intend to buy in as much as possible to get a good feel for it and to learn where people like to hang out, and what the most popular streets are.
– Attend as many local open homes and auctions as possible to get a good understanding of local market conditions and to suss out what other buyers are looking for.
– Get in contact with local agents and let them know the types of properties you’re interested in. Feel free to get in touch with us at Arbee Real Estate. We can provide you with the latest property information and advice and alert you when new properties come onto the market so you know you’ll never miss out.