Will you be putting a “For Sale” sign out the front of your property this spring? If so, you’ll want to get your front garden looking its best and brightest because it cam make for a great selling point at this time of year.
You don’t need to be a gardening expert, it’s not too difficult to tidy up a garden and get it in top condition to welcome buyers at open homes.
A few things you can start doing in your garden:
- Put your gardening gloves on and start pruning back any plants that have blossomed over the last few months. A general tidy up will help bring out the colour and beauty of the plants that should be there, whilst also keeping them healthy. Don’t forget to get rid of any weeds too.
- If your garden is looking a little bare then use this as an opportunity to renew the mulches on garden beds.
- Start preparing for summer by planting seeds for flowers, veggies, or herbs (a herb or veggie garden can be a great selling point too!).
- Keep an eye out for pests on new growth. Aphids can be squashed or treated, while snails can be trapped or deterred.
- You can encourage new growth by laying down fertiliser, however make sure you don’t do this if you’re about to host an open home.
- Last by not least; mow regularly to keep your yard looking neat and tidy.
Of course there are many other gardening tips and tricks out there, so if you have any more then feel free to share by leaving a comment, and if you would like any more advice about selling in spring (or any other time of year) then don’t hesitate to give us a call at Arbee Real Estate.