2 Sep 2015
The Bacchus Marsh property market is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon and this means that most properties don’t spend very long on the market. For those looking to buy, this can be extremely frustrating because it means you need to move quickly if you want to secure a new home.
The best way to improve your chances of snaring a property is to prepare yourself as much as you can so you can make a move on a property as soon as it hits the market.
Here are some pointers that might help buyers purchase a home in a hot market:
- First and foremost – make sure you have obtained pre-approval! You can’t make an offer if you don’t know how much you have to spend, so ensure you have pre-approved finance before you start your property search.
- On a similar note, make sure that you have a solicitor and building/pest inspectors ready to go. You should obtain legal advice before signing any contracts.
- Keep a constant eye on real estate portals. If you miss out on a property’s first open home then you might miss out on the property.
- Don’t miss out by making a low offer. Research similar properties in the area to figure out what it might sell for and make a solid and competitive offer from the outset.
- Don’t wait for an auction to let an agent know you’re interested in a property. Some properties sell prior to auctions so chat to the agent and let them know if you would like to be involved in any pre-auction negotiations.
- Get in touch with agents in the areas you’re looking to buy in and let them know that you’re a serious buyer. If you speak to us at Arbee Real Estate and let us know the types of property you’re looking for then we will alert you as soon as a suitably matched property comes onto the market.
Overall, in the current rising market it’s not the time for playing games. If you’re finding it hard to secure a property then it’s well worth chatting to local agents to kept informed about properties, and for any advice to help you on your buying journey.
If you are looking to buy in the Bacchus Marsh area then get in touch with Arbee Real Estate today and we’ll endeavour to help you out in any way we can.