For those who are looking to sell this spring, it’s important that you pay attention to presentation. A lot more properties tend to come on the market in spring so sometimes you need to put a little bit of extra effort in to make your property stand out amongst the rest.
Here are a few of things you should pay particular attention to when preparing your property for sale:
- Make a start by cleaning down your exterior walls. You’d be surprised how much of a difference it can make simply washing down the outside walls of your home, and removing the cobwebs and bird droppings. For properties in need of a serious clean it might be worth bringing in a pressure cleaning service, which can sometimes look as good as a fresh coat of paint.
- Focus on garden and outdoor entertaining areas, as this is where a lot of people will be looking forward to spending their time in spring and summer. Mow lawns, neaten hedges and weed garden beds so your garden looks neat and tidy.
- Pay attention to details. The sun will be shining brightly on your home during spring open homes so there’s nowhere to hide! Fix any odd jobs outside such as loose paling on the fence, dodgy letterboxes, or broken roof tiles.
- Of course the inside of the house is important too so roll up your sleeves for a spring clean. Throw away anything you no longer want or need, and neaten up any areas where clutter has built up. A good spring clean should maximise your space, and lift the whole mood of your home.
- Since it’s spring you shouldn’t be afraid to add a splash of colour to your home. We all know that neutral tones are recommended when selling properties, however, a splash of colour on things like cushions or furniture can help liven up your home and have buyers falling in love with it.
If you’re after more tips for selling your property this spring then get in touch with the Arbee Real Estate team.