The document outlines the budget, services and specific actions that the council plans to take over the next 12 months including proposed fees for council services.
Included in the budget are plans to increase general rates by 5.0 per cent, which is to be offset by a 2.25% reduction in waste service charges. The changes will increase council revenue by 4.1%, allowing a number of council initiatives to go ahead.
A couple of the key planned projects for Bacchus Marsh in the coming year and their budget allocations are as below:
- Construction of Early Years Hub ($3.650 million)
- Construction of Halletts Way / O’Leary Way from Halletts Way to Stonehill Estate ($3.000 million)
- Darley Civic Hub Sportsground Change Amenity ($0.700 million)
- Detailed Design of active sporting facilities at Bacchus Marsh Racecourse Reserve ($0.300 million)
- Replacement of kerb and channel – William Street, Bacchus Marsh ($0.175 million)
- Halletts Way Shared Path (from Grey Street to Ramsay Crescent) – Upgrade of existing footpath to shared path status ($0.142 million)
- Bacchus Marsh Hall – Internal and external painting of Bacchus Marsh Hall ($0.110 million)
The Moorabool Shire is a diverse region with many different types of residents, businesses and community groups to consider. To make sure that the council moves towards a future where everyone can be happy and prosper, it’s important that we all have our say on the issues that matter to us and that includes where our local funding goes.
If you’re interested in reading the Proposed 2015/16 Annual Budget you can do so at www.moorabool.vic.gov.au where you can also find out how you can make a budget submission.
The council will consider written submissions at a Special Meeting on Wednesday 3 June 2015 at 5.00pm, at Bungaree Community Facility, Bungaree-Creswick Road, Bungaree.