Arbee Real Estate
140 Main Street Bacchus Marsh
03 5367 2333
03 5367 2385Contact us
Sunday 8th March 2015 marks 104 years since the first International Women’s Day and a lot of progress has been made in those years to help protect and promote women’s rights.
Unfortunately though, there is still a long way to go. There is still no country in the world where women claim to have all the same rights and opportunities as men, according to the UN.
The majority of the world’s 1.3 billion absolute poor are women and on average, women receive between 30 and 40 percent less pay than men earn for the same work.
Women also continue to be victims of violence, with rape and domestic violence listed as significant causes of disability and death among women worldwide.
The above statistics are staggering and we need both men and women to help change these figures and stand up for equality and the better treatment of women.
There are a number of ways you can help lend your support to International Women’s Day.
How you can help online (according to the International Women’s Day website)
– Retweet and share content
– Display the International Women’s Day (IWD) logo on your website or blog
– Donate to your favourite women’s charity
– Paint It Purple – paint your website, blog or emails purple for the day (the colour that represents IWD)
– Insert the IWD logo in your email signature block for the day
– Support a female-focused crowd-funding initiative
– Make and upload a video
– Run a webinar
How you can help offline
– Run an event celebrating women to raise awareness for gender equality
– Participate in local activities and campaigns
– Paint it purple – your building, canteen, playground, wear purple clothing
– Do a media interview
– Create images or film
– Whatever you do – celebrate women and call for equality!
For more information about International Women’s Day 2015 visit www.internationalwomensday.com.