The annual Strawberries and Cherries Weekend is one of Bacchus Marsh’s biggest celebrations alongside the Harvest Weekend in March, which is celebrated when the picking season comes to an end.
But most will probably agree that the start of the picking season is much more exciting as it means that there will be plenty of mouth-watering strawberries and a delicious array of stone fruits and berries to choose from.
This year’s Strawberry and Cherry Weekend will take place on November 22nd and 23rd and below are just some of the fun activities you can expect during the weekend:
- Strawberry picking
- Cherry pip spitting competition
- Strawberry & Cherry trail
- Strawberry & cherry inspired menus
- Fantastic prizes
- Town centre entertainers and musicians
- Saturday night fireworks & music overlooking the township from Bacchus Hill Winery
- Horse and carriage rides (Sunday only)
- The breathtaking Australia Fair Organ (Sunday only)
- Jumping castle, wine tasting, live music and crafts
- Locally grown produce
- Delicious foods, wines, cider, coffee and sweets
- Much more!
If you want to stay in Bacchus Marsh during the Strawberry and Cherry weekend then make sure you book in soon as accommodation can fill up fast.
For further details about the Strawberry and Cherry Weekend visit www.visitbacchusmarsh.com.au.