Community groups are being encouraged to apply for the Moorabool Shire Council’s winter round of community grants.
The grants are offered every year and are aimed at those who have an idea or project that will help make the Moorabool region a better place to live.
The grants cover different aspects of the community and are a great way for non-profit community organisations and groups to gain assistance and funding from the council and to help see their ideas come to fruition.
There are 3 categories of grant, including the following:
– Community Strengthening Grants:
- Community Programs, Activities or Initiatives (grants of up to $5000)
- Capital Improvements (grants of up to $5000)
- Small Projects (grants of up to $1,000)
– Community Arts and Culture Grants:
- Community arts projects, activities or initiatives that link artists, creators or practitioners, with local communities through small projects, publications, exhibitions, performances or other similar activities (grants of up to $3,000)
– Community Events Grants:
- Community Events that showcase local talent, provide public entertainment, foster community participation, connectedness and diversity (grants of up to $3,000)
There are plenty of ideas out there that have the potential to be funded and all community groups that are interested should contact the local council and speak to a Community Development Officer to discuss their application.
Applications for grants will close on Sunday 31 August 2014. If you want to apply you can find further information at the Moorabool Shire Council website.