Think about the last time you took a walk down the street – did you comment on what other properties looked like?
Many homebuyers like to drive or walk around a neighbourhood and inspect a property from the outside before they decide to look at the inside, so those first impressions really do count and may be the deciding factor on whether or not a property gets a call.
So take a good look at your house and ask yourself what first impressions it could be making.
– How does the garden look? It’s a good idea to make an effort to regularly mow the front lawn and to prune trees and shrubs.
– Keep pathways clear by removing leaves and weeds and by cleaning away any dirt.
– Make sure that there are no unattractive items left laying out the front – this includes things such as kid’s toys, garden equipment, old newspapers and mail etc.
– Check that your fences and gates are up to scratch. If they’re looking a little worse for wear you could replace damaged palings or possibly repaint the entire fence.
– Don’t forget to make sure your front entrance is looking its very best. This can be done by cleaning up the front door and offering a welcome mat. If you have a doorbell, check that it is in working order.
Once your front yard is all cleaned up, stand across the street from your house and ask yourself if there is anything that looks out of place or catches your eye. Perhaps there is something simple you can fix up to help your property give a better first impression.
If you would like any advice about improving the curb appeal of your property then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of the team at Professionals Arbee Real Estate.