These tiny changes all help, but you can also make changes in your home that can not only make it more environmentally friendly, but can also help you save money in the long run.
- Install ceiling insulation.
- Buy a solar hot water system.
- Replace incandescent lights with compact fluorescent ones, which use one quarter of the energy.
- Use grey water on gardens.
- Plant trees around your home to help provide shade.
- Plant an edible garden.
- Compost kitchen scraps.
- Install solar panels.
- Consider using motion sensor lights outside.
- Choose household appliances with high energy and/or water efficiency ratings.
There are of course many more ways to be more environmentally sustainable, but anything that helps to reduce waste or energy and water consumption is a good start.
The Professionals Arbee Real Estate team know of plenty of environmentally conscious residents in the Bacchus Marsh region, so if anyone knows of any more “green” ideas then please feel free to share.