A property inspection is simply a chance for your landlord or property manager to check out the property and ensure that everything is being maintained and kept in working order. For the tenant, a property inspection is also a good opportunity to let their property manager know whether there are any issues to address with the property.
Most renters like to give their rental property a big clean up before inspection day, and this is definitely recommended if you want to impress your property manager.
If you want to make sure you are fully prepared for your next rental inspection, here are some property preparation tips to keep in mind.
- Walls – Ensure the property’s internal walls are free of any damage or marks. If there is an issue such as cracking or water stains you should let your property manager know immediately.
- Floors – Vacuum before your inspection and ensure floors are checked for stains.
- Cupboards & drawers – Clean and wipe down cupboards and draws and check that they’re all functioning correctly.
- Appliances – Appliances should be in working order. If anything isn’t working as it should, let your property manager know.
- Windows/doors – Clean all windows and doors and make sure they are in working order.
- Bathrooms – It’s a good idea to give the bathroom a thorough clean to ensure it is free or any marks or soap scum.
- Property exterior – For those renting houses or townhouse, ensure that the outside gardens are all well maintained and that pathways are clear.
Before inspection day, tenants should also remember to keep their communication details up-to-date so that they can be properly advised of their inspection date. It is also a good idea to fill out any maintenance forms before inspection day so that the property manager can address this for you.
If you are renting with Professionals Arbee Real Estate in Bacchus Marsh and require any advice or information about your rental property, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our team today.