There are some really disturbing statistics about men’s health. Did you know that five times more males than females take their own lives each year, or that men can expect to live four years less than women? Men’s Health Week runs from the 10th to 16th of June, and aims to empower people on the frontline of health to work with and reach out to local men and boys.
‘Health Snapshots’ is the theme for Men’s Health Week 2013. ‘Health Snapshots’ are the events that local communities are running to engage with men and boys in better health and wellbeing. There are several ways to get involved in Men’s Health Week, and help improve the health our Bacchus Marsh community:
- Invite dads to help plant school gardens with healthy herbs and veggies.
- Arrange a visit from a health check service to visit your workplace and provide health checks for your male employees at no charge to them (and register it here!)
- Install new office plants, water filters on taps and bicycle parking or carpooling schemes as a Men’s Health Week initiative.
- Hold a healthy morning tea and invite colleagues in your workplace.
- Hold an open day at your shed where you show friends, family and colleagues what the Men’s Sheds are all about.
- Run Men’s Health Week evenings, make it into a VIP event and roll out the red carpet! Invite your friends, family and colleagues to an informal evening of healthy hors d’oevres, canapés and drinks to promote your service.
- Use some of the media templates to publicise the importance of men’s health and Men’s Health Week.
- Place posters and men-friendly images around your practice to encourage men to feel more accommodated in your health service.
Our Professionals Arbee Real Estate team would love to encourage all Bacchus Marsh residents to get involved and do what you can to help support this fantastic cause, improving the health and wellbeing of our Bacchus Marsh community.