For those who have kids, one of the biggest considerations when choosing a property is whether the property will be child-friendly and suitable for the child to grow up in.
Having a school nearby is obviously high on the priority list, especially if the school is popular amongst the local community, but there are a few other concerns that property-buying parents may have. So we thought we would provide some tips on how to find a home that is in a child-friendly area.
- It is easy to find out further information on properties by doing a quick search on Google maps. By doing this you can take a look at the street and figure out the distance that the property is from a school. If nobody will be able to drive your child to school everyday then you will want to check whether the property is within a suitable walking distance from a school or at least near a school bus route.
- Think about the neighbourhood you are moving into – is it family friendly? Will there be other children in the area for your child to play with? A lot of families prefer to move into areas where there are other families around them as this means they are surrounded by a strong support network who are likely to understand the needs of children (and are probably less likely to have late-night parties).
- What facilities are nearby the property? Having nearby trains and buses is great when your child is old enough to go out unsupervised, yet is still too young to get their driving license. You might also like to have shops around to make it easy for both kids and parents to get home supplies.
- Is there room for your child to run around? Children tend to get restless, so if the property you’re thinking about purchasing doesn’t have a big backyard, find out whether or not there are parks or other public spaces nearby where your child can get out and enjoy the outdoors. Similarly you might also like to check whether there are busy roads nearby or industrial sites that could be dangerous for a child to wander off to.
- Don’t forget to consider the needs of everyone in the family. You may like to talk to everybody in your family and ask them what it important for them in a new home. While the kids need to be close to schools and other amenities, it is also important for parents to be close to work, so a compromise may need to be made amongst family members to help keep everyone happy.
Luckily for Bacchus Marsh residents there are plenty of wonderful schools, parks and attractions in the area, making us a very child-friendly place to live. So if you’re interested in finding out about any of the properties that are available in the area then please get in touch with Professionals Arbee Real Estate in Bacchus Marsh.